Thursday, December 22, 2011

Bake, Cook, Clean, repeat.

Here we are two days before Christmas Eve and only a week or so from the new year. Sigh. Its about this time that i start wondering where the time went. My girls turned 6 in August and seemed to have lost the last little bit of "baby" that was lingering on their body and in their speech. They are children now. Those smart (and sassy sometimes), beautiful, lean, athletic (who knows where that came from?), little girls who have their own style.

I think the Christmas rush is part of what makes me start to miss my babies. Only another mother would understand missing your babies, when you have your children right in front of you. Anyway, the Christmas rush. With all the shopping, baking, cooking, wrapping, helping my mom shop-bake-cook-wrap, cleaning, decorating.... It seems like I do not get to do all the little things I want to with my girls. We do some crafts and baking, but for the most part they play while I work.

Maybe next year I will schedule out the crafts and fun Christmas activities so that they are sure to be done. Maybe next year I will do all my shopping in October. Maybe next year will be the year of changes. Maybe next year my resolutions will actually stick.

 I love all the possibilities a new year holds. Looking toward the new year I feel young. Full of hope and innocence as to what it may hold. Its not till Christmas that I feel old. When all that hope and innocence has been replaced with, well, reality.

Ohhhh, rereading that and I sound pretty sad! Im not sad, just reflecting. :) Hope you all have a Merry CHRISTmas! Spend time with people who matter. Indulge on a few treats, and work it all off in the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment